Last week, we released Doxxy 1.2, our reporting solutions for Oracle.
Doxxy is a RAD-tool for generating operational reports. With its intuitive APEX UI, you easily configure your documents by adding DOCX-templates and SQL-queries. The engine is written in PL/SQL, which makes installation, integration and maintenance very straight forward. The tool comes as a packaged application for APEX 4.x.
What is new?
First of all, Doxxy is a tool for developers: for APEX developers surely, but in fact for anyone who is developing against an Oracle database and who needs a printable output. Until now, the reporting engine generated a .DOCX file as printable document. In version 1.2 there is an extra option available which makes it possible to have a PDF-document as output.
Other new features we added to the product are:
- Possibility to add some PL/SQL logic at the beginning or at the end of the generation process.
Possible use-cases can be:
a) set an Oracle context with a language indicator at the beginning of a report, or preparing your data in temporary tables to make the querying more easy.
b) At the end you may use it for updating a print-status or flag on given records.
- Performance optimalization for documents with a lot of content or with a lot of IF-statements
- The export and import mechanism is XML based. It is now also possible to export/import multiple documents from a given folder in one run.
- Easy search-box to quickly find a document in the object tree
- Template visualization and validation: when you do an upload of a template, the system does some basic validations on the formal content of the template, especially on the names of the tags.
From within the Doxxy-UI you may also visualize the formal structure of your templates. Errors are visually emphasised in red.
- Simplified mechanism to include images (coming from a BLOB-column) into the report-output.
- Extra page to maintain your doxxy-specific private synonyms.